Simsara Music PR & Management is looking for a full time Music Management Assistant based in Cairo to support the agency with its dynamic range of services for the alternative music industry in the Arab world.
The ideal candidate should have experience in some or all of the activities listed below, not necessarily in the field of music, however with a keen interest in applying his or her experience and developing it further within the realm of music management.
This is a great opportunity for an emerging professional, working closely with an outstanding roster of musicians and a rich network of local, regional and international partners and collaborators. Simsara is an agency with a growing reputation for supporting the work of artists and projects that have been charting new territories for Arab artistic expression. The Music Management Assistant will play a crucial role within the agency’s growing activities throughout 2018 and beyond.
The role includes:
- Working with artists and booking agents on booking travel
- Managing artist visa applications
- Keeping track of artist diaries and availability
- Keeping concert and touring diaries up to date
- Preparing material for tour management such as itineraries
- Updating artist folders such as EPKs, technical and hospitality riders
- Coordinating promo opportunities
- Assisting the artist manager with the day to day running of the agency such as office and staff bookkeeping
- Assisting with campaign logistics including social media assets, press releases and press and newsletter mailings
- Maintaining an up to date agency website and mailing lists
- Assisting with online communication such as social media posting and newsletters
We’re looking for a self-motivated fluent English and Arabic speaker, with a lot of enthusiasm for developing oneself and an organised, consistent and reliable way of working.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong work ethics, attention to detail, time management and multitasking skills.
- An eagerness to learn and develop skills and knowledge of local, regional and global music industry.
- A mature and reliable attitude, with the ability to work under pressure and remain self motivated and fairly autonomous.
- A good administrative track record and a reasonable understanding of the inner workings of performance.
Salary based on experience.
The post holder will be expected to carry out this role on a full time basis within daytime working hours (and some evening work during live events and residencies) from the agency’s Cairo office space in Agouza. Occasional remote working and flexible working hours would need to be agreed upon beforehand.
Please get in touch with your CV to Sarah El Miniawy – sarah [@] simsara [dot] me – and a cover letter explaining why you’re applying for this role and how your skills and experience fit within its scope.